Saturday, May 23, 2009

Aw man!

I was really looking forward to spending the day with my little CrazyChick. It had been a while since we've spent time alone. I had some fun things planned. The only sticky part: I had to take her in for her annual wellness visit first.

No shots or anything, so I was thinking that it wouldn't be all that bad. She might get a little impatient with sitting in the exam room, but I brought a book and her Leapster, so I figured we were covered if it wasn't too long.

It wasn't the long wait that did us in though, it was her long memory. She was called into the hallway and it immediately hit the fan. She started screaming bloody murder. She hasn't gotten any shots in 2 years, but she remembers. Ugh.

I couldn't even talk to her doctor. Forget trying to take her temperature or do any sort of a physical exam. Her doctor actually made fun of me when I said that we were going to take her to the dentist in a couple of months. Well, so far, the dentist hasn't given her any shots, so I'm pretty sure she'll be fine. If not, that'll be her dad's problem anyway.

Afterward, we went to visit the girls at work. They made her feel better. Which was good because our next stop was the preschool we were hoping to enroll her in. She was good for us there. Whew!

I thought I'd take her out for a little bit of shopping because she'd been so good (since the doctor's office), but about 20 minutes out from the store I hear this weird noise. I look up into the rearview just in time to see her vomiting all over herself.

Carsick Cathy strikes again.

No comments: