Thursday, April 7, 2011

This Is How We Do It

Earlier this evening, ClumsyCathy smashed her finger in a kitchen drawer.

ClumsyCathy: Ow!  Mama my finger is broken!

I inspected the finger and found it to be very not broken.

Awesomeness: Honey, your finger is fine.
ClumsyCathy: But Mama, I broke it.
Awesomeness: You know what happens to broken fingers right?
ClumsyCathy: What?
Awesomeness: We cut them off.  Are you ready?

I'm guessing the answer is no, because she ran away and still won't let me touch her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband thinks he has broken his toe and will not stop whinging about it. I think I'll take your lead and threaten to cut his toe off. LOL

Awesomeness said...

I've found this to be effective. :)

Tonight, she wouldn't stop biting her fingernails. I was about to offer to clip them for her when I realized that the exact words I was about to use were, "Honey, if your fingernails are bothering you, we can cut them off."

I didn't want her to have flashbacks of last night, so I let it go.