Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Secret of the Kissue

SnottySuzie has a runny nose.  We've been running after the poor girl for the last day with tissue after tissue.  When she doesn't have one available, she'll use whatever's handy: her shirt, my shirt, her arm.  We're trying to break her of that habit.

Yesterday, when I caught her wiping her nose on her shirt:

Awesomeness:  Suzie, we don't wipe our nose on our shirt.  
SnottySuzie: But, Mama, I don't have a kissue. (I think she tries to combine the name Kleenex with the word tissue.)
Awesomeness: Well, then go grab some toilet paper instead.
SnottySuzie: Nooooooooo!  We don't wipe our nose with toilet paper.  We wipe our butt with toilet paper.
Awesomeness: Yes, we wipe our butt with toilet paper, but it's also okay to wipe our nose with it.
SnottySuzie: I need a kissue.  Then I blow my nose with a kissue.  Then I wipe, wipe, wipe my nose with a kissue.  Then that's how we get the Smurfs.

That has to be the most plausible explanation for the Smurfs I've ever heard.

No comments: