Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Is This A Trick?

I'm catching up on my reading when PatientPatty walks up and taps me on the shoulder.

PatientPatty: Mama.
Awesomeness: Yes, honey.
PatientPatty: Mama, can I wait for a little while?
Awesomeness: Um, what?  I don't think I heard you right.  What do you need?
PatientPatty: I want to wait for just a little while.
Awesomeness: Yeah....well, you can wait all you want.  Go play.

She does.  I get back to my reading.  Ten minutes later:

PatientPatty: Mama.
Awesomeness: Yes, Patty.
PatientPatty: Can I wait just a little while longer?
Awesomeness: Knock yourself out.
PatientPatty: I'm very good at waiting.
Awesomeness: Yes you are.

4 comments:

Candice said...

It takes talent to be good at waiting. ;)

Awesomeness said...

Agreed! She is the best at waiting. I don't even know what she was waiting for...

Launa said...

Wow, that girl has some awesome patience!!! Maybe I could borrow some!

Awesomeness said...

I found out on the way home what this was about:

Yesterday, when I got home from work, she had just finished eating dinner, but must not have gotten her fill. She asked me if she could have "chips n' cheese" (nachos) and I told her that she would have to wait for dinner tomorrow.

I had completely forgotten about that.

She is currently enjoying chips n' cheese. She is very good at waiting. :)