Monday, November 15, 2010

Occupational Aptitude

On the way home today, I was starting to think that DollyDrivingDirector was showing a natural talent for driving instruction:

DDD: You need get over now daddy.
Mr. Awesomeness: What?
DDD: (silence)
Mr. Awesomeness: What did you say?
DDD: (silence)
Mr. Awesomeness: I think she was talking crap about my driving.
Awesomeness: Thank you for being Dada's driving coach.
DDD: You're welcome mama.
Mr. Awesomeness: I don't think we need to encourage that.


Later on in the commute, however, I started questioning her judgement.  There came a time when someone in a car ahead of us stopped.  I don't know why, possibly to smell the roses.  Maybe to make new friends.  There was nothing blocking his way, so it's really a mystery.  Anyway:

Brakes: SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!
DDD: That was too close Daddy!
Mr. Awesomeness: Yes, honey, that was too close.
DDD: We need to jump out of the car.


3 comments:

Launa said...

Haha! Oh my goodness, your posts always make me laugh!! Kids say the funniest things and I love that you always seem to remember them long enough to post them and make the rest of us smile (what's your secret? hehe!)
What a sweet girl... and maybe you should get out of the car!!
BTW - love the new header pic!

Anonymous said...

hahahahha! Back seat driver :D

Why do people stop for no reason around here? Drives me friggin NUTS! Just drive people! JUST DRIVE!

PS - In case you can't tell I get a little worked up over driving issues :)

Awesomeness said...

Trixie- Those same driver's cousins are here, I swear. Incidentally, the screeching halt we came to was on a 75 mph freeway.... Your head would've exploded. :D

Launa- My "secret" is an app on my phone called Evernote. If I'm not anywhere near my computer, I just jot little notes into the program and they automatically show up when I sign into the website at home. It's seriously one of the best apps I've found. (I'm not advertising...I just have gotten a lot of good use out of it.)