Monday, November 1, 2010

I Go "Trick-o-Tree"



Yesterday, CathyCandyGrabber went trick-or-treating for the first time.  We reminded her of what the rules were before she left:

1. Knock on the door.
2. Wait for the door to open.
3. When the door opens say, "Trick or treat!"
4. Candy.
5. Say "thank you."

When she came home with her daddy half an hour later, he tells me she made up her own rules:

1. Make daddy knock on the door.
2. Turn to run away before the door even opens.
3. Smile and giggle.
4. Candy anyway.
5. Run away!

Oh well, she had fun anyway.  Maybe she'll get it next year.



CountCrybaby helped me pass out candy while his sister and dad were gone.  At first, he was happy to help and loved the sight of all the little kids coming up to the door.

Yeah, he really is the count.

Then he realized that he should be getting candy too.


Incidentally, that's his little belly hanging out underneath his vest.  That shirt/vest thing was supposed to be a 2T, which theoretically means that it's a full size too big for him.  It fit more like a 18 mo.  Very disappointing.

Anyway, then every time the little kids would go away, he'd say, "Byyyyyyyye!" and then I'd see this:


Until the next group of kids showed up.

Overall, it was a fun night, but I'm glad it's only once a year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!
My son's first Halloween where he was aware he looked sort of like your son! Only he was saying NO! MY NINI!!!! (Candy) when we'd hand it out to the kids :D

Cute costumes (and belly! awww)

Awesomeness said...

I think he would have been upset about the candy, but there was a lot more candy than kids this year. He got more than his fair share.

He wanted to run outside and play with the other kids. They were having a lot of fun. We thought about sending him out with his sister, but he's not quite there yet.

I think they'll both have a blast next year though.

Launa said...

Oh my goodness... your kids are so cute!! Totally crack me up (my little ones are about the same age and do a lot of the same things!!)

Awesomeness said...

Thanks Launa! They certainly have their moments and looking for the comic-relief helps me gets through the times when I question parenthood.

Like when Wee Man takes off his diaper and pees on my foot.

Like when I have to shout, "Stop eating your pencil!" at my daughter. (incidentally, that just happened...)

Like when Girly Girl makes a "leash" out of her dada's belt and "walks" her brother around the house...

Ugh. That is usually how the majority of the day goes.