Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Persistence...It Does Not Pay

Sassypants was living up to her screen name all over the place today.  When I got home, I discovered that she asked for noodles for dinner and didn't eat them.  That's a deal breaker in this house and results in requests for additional food to go ignored.

She doesn't care, she makes them anyway.

Insistently.

SassyPants: Can I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
Awesomeness: No.  You didn't eat your dinner.  I'm not giving you more food to waste.
SassyPants: But I neeeeeeed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
Awesomeness: No.  I already told you no.  Don't ask again.
SassyPants: But mooooooom, I neeeeeeed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Awesomeness: If you neeeeeeeeded a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, you should have aaaaaaaaaasked for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  You didn't.  You asked for noodles, you didn't eat the noodles, you go hungry.
SassyPants: But...
Awesomeness: No.  You're not getting your way.  Stop asking.  Give it up.
SassyPants: I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!!

She meant it too.  As I'm typing this post, she is still insisting that I need to make her a sandwich.  Sassypants, meet Ignorasaurus Rex.

No comments: