Wednesday, April 21, 2010

You Wanna Huh?

Last night:

MaggieMovieBuff: Mama, mama!  I wanna watch dis moobie!  
Awesomeness: .... Uh, that's Boondock Saints.  I'm not sure you'll like that one.
MaggieMovieBuff: I lubba dis moobie!! I wanna watch dis one .... puhleeeese.
Awesomeness: I'm going to Mommy Hell for this, but okay.

The theory was that she would hate it 5 minutes in and we would watch Wall-E or something instead.  We watched until I remembered the cat scene... Anyway, now I know that she will call my bluff, so I'll be a little more "voice of reason" the next time this comes up.

Tonight:

MaggieMovieBuff: Mama! Can I watch dis moobie again?
Awesomeness: No baby, let's watch something different.  We, uh, watched that movie last night.
MaggieMovieBuff: Mama, can I see Iron Man?
Awesomeness: Iron Man?

I should have known.  We were talking about it this morning.  It was her latest "guy" and I made the mistake of mentioning he had a movie.  I really need to remember that 3-year olds have longer memories than I expect.

And so much for "voice of reason".  We're now watching Iron Man.

MaggieMovieBuff: Where Iron Man?  Iron Man hiding...

No comments: