Friday, March 18, 2011

And So It Begins...

My kids almost never watch commercial television.  I hate commercials.  When they need ("need") to watch something, we have about a thousand movies and a good selection of programs to choose from on Netflix.

Aside from that, they end up watching Nick Jr. a bit, which is commercial-free television.  The point is that, so far, I haven't been bothered with requests for the new cool 'Betsy Wetsy' or whatevertheheck toy is hot today.  It's been bliss.

Until today...

ConsumerCathy: Mama, I want a Happy Napper!
Awesomeness: I'll give you a nap all right.
ConsumerCathy: No, Mama.  A Happy Napper.  I need a dragon one.
Awesomeness: What in the heck is a Happy Napper?
ConsumerCathy: Well, first it's a pillow and you zip it and a dragon comes out.

Then she sings a cutesy little song that I think is supposed to be the Happy Napper jingle.

All I could think was:

OH MY GOD, SOMEBODY BRAINWASHED MY BABY!!

I got curious and Googled Happy Nappers.  Of course, they're "As Seen On TV".  This always translates into "Nothing Like On TV"

I think this will also be her first lesson in disappointment called, "Want in one hand, shit in the other."

2 comments:

keri said...

OMG.. your monsters are too cute, and apparently too darn smart! It's amazing how much they absorb. No, amazing isn't the right word. The word is really scary! Hang in there. I'm proud of you,.'

p.s. thanks for your input on the captcha thing. I'm learning a lot
from awesome folks like you
keri

Awesomeness said...

It is pretty scary how fast kids can get hooked in.

And you're welcome about the comment. It's an aggravating tool, but it does come in handy in some cases. ;)