Monday, June 14, 2010

Watch What You Say: Lesson #294

I was cruising the grocery store today with PaulaRevere, when someone drove by in one of those little scooter things.

Paula: Mama, what that?
Awesomeness: It's a scooter.
Paula: A scooter?
Awesomeness: It's so people can ride around when they can't walk very well.
Paula: They drive 'round and 'round in the scooter?
Awesomeness: Yep.  We have to be careful and watch out for the people in the scooters.

Okay.   What I meant there was: "We have to watch out for them so we don't get in their way or hit them with our cart."  Honestly, I didn't even fathom that this could be misinterpreted.

Later in the trip, we reach the end of the aisle where there is a nice-looking old lady in a scooter.

Paula: OH NO MAMA!!!  LOOK OUT!!! THERE'S A SCOOTER!  LOOK OUT FOR THE SCOOTER MAMA!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I could not get out of that aisle fast enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
That is why I LOVE kids! So funny

Awesomeness said...

No kidding, eh?

Holy crap, was I mortified though. I whipped around so quickly I didn't even have time to see if the lady was startled, amused, confused or anything.

By the time I got to the checkout counter, I was laughing like a freakin' maniac over it.