Wednesday, January 26, 2011

2 a.m.

I like to be asleep at 2 a.m., Mr.BlabbyBobby.  Instead, this morning I woke to the sound of your happy chatting.  I was about to go back to sleep when you started yelling:
Bye!  Byyyyyyyyyyyye!  Bye!
For half an hour.

I know if I go into your room to quiet you, I'm going to end up either listening to you cry for an hour or putting you to sleep with me.  Happy chatting and bye-byes are much better than either of those alternatives.

If your daddy heard you, he could have put an end to it, but he left his ears in his other pants last night.  Do it again tonight, kid, and I will wake up your daddy and sic him on you.

Now I'm off for some coffee and NoDoz.

2 comments:

Launa said...

Your posts always make me smile and often make me laugh. Most likely because I've been in a similar situation before and it's just funny motherhood stuff!!
Bring on the coffee!!!

Awesomeness said...

Thank you!

I think that, this type of stuff, you really have to look for the humor or you go crazy.

I had enough coffee today to give a rhino a heart attack, but I made it.