Saturday, December 11, 2010

Moooooore Braaaaaaains

SilentBob, I've been hoping that you would start communicating with us for a long time now.  You held out for so long that your pediatrician now swears you're autistic.  We both know that's not true, so we sit and patiently wait for a time when you can communicate your needs.  And now you do...

SilentBob: Grink!!
Awesomeness: Oh! You need a drink, buddy?  Good job!  Let me get you a drink.

15 minutes later, I get a cup to the face.

SilentBob: Grink!!
Awesomeness: You need more drink?  Let me get you something...

5 minutes later, I realize I haven't heard you for a while.  When I track you down, you're pouring your drink all over the floor.  We take the drink away, because you were obviously not that thirsty.

10 minutes later:

SilentBob: Grink!!
Awesomeness: No way, buddy.  You poured your last drink on the floor.  You can have another drink in a little bit.
SilentBob: Grink!!
*ignored*
SilentBob: GRINK!!  GRINK!!  GRINK!!  GRINK!!  GRINK!!

Well now I've gotten my wish.  This is a conversation we have about 39 times every day.  It's nice talking to you, but you need to come up with some new words.

Quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww......that makes me laugh. Sweet baby

One of the twins I babysat didn't speak for a long time but now she does (almost 4) only you still can't really understand her but she speaks with such passion you know she very determined that you understand her and she gets very frustrated if you don't follow. When my son asks Store? She takes his chin shushes him and then repeats whatever word she's trying to get across

Awesomeness said...

He is a sweetie, but it's hard to remember that after the 50th time he asks for a drink.

His sister is 4 and she's just now starting to say understandable sentences. We have her in speech therapy, though, or I'm sure we'd still be puzzled by her.

It's awesome to know what's on their minds. :)