Monday, December 27, 2010

The Great Apple Juice Shortage of 2010

Today, I realized that we are officially out of apple juice.  This would not normally be an issue, but my son prefers it and, since he's sick, he's even more particular than usual about getting his way.  When I announced that we were out of apple juice, HelpfulHannah stepped in to help me identify the apple juice that, very obviously, had to be in the fridge.  I must be getting ill myself, because I spent 5 minutes indulging this:

Hannah: Is this apple juice?
Awesomenes: No, that's Worcestershire sauce.
Hannah: Is this apple juice?
Awesomeness: No, that's soy sauce.
Hannah: Is this apple juice?
Awesomeness: No, that's ketchup.
Hannah: Oh yeah.  Ketchup is for french fries.  Is this apple juice?
Awesomeness: No, that's mustard.  Do you know what mustard is for?
Hannah: Mustard is for hot dogs. (I raised her right, thank you very much.)  Is this apple juice?
Awesomeness: No, that's milk
Hannah: Oh yeah.  Is this apple juice?
Awesomeness: No, that's Caesar dressing.
Hannah: Ew.

Etcetera.  Forever.

Actually for 5 minutes, but it felt like forever.

1 comment:

Wendy Mihm said...

I just read a bunch of your blog entries for the first time and you are totally funny!

I am writing to invite you to consider guest posting on my website www.financialrx.com. It is a finance website targeting women that is sort of "Real Simple magazine hijacks MSN Money." We cover a wide range of finance topics from hard-hitting to light and fun.

Your writing would probably fit best in the following two areas:

Budget Family Fun (creative ways to entertain your family for less $$)
http://www.financialrx.com/budget-family-fun
and
Work Life Balance Tips (how to keep it all together without losing your mind)
http://www.financialrx.com/work-life-balance-tips
Having said that, I would welcome your contributions in many places, so have a look around the site and let me know if this sounds like fun to you.
You can reach me at wendy@financialrx.com
Thanks!