Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Why Doesn't He Like Me?

Mr. A is not the best of buddies with our little buddy.  The kid, frankly, cries when he's left alone with him.  I keep telling him that the baby does not respond well to the following:

  • When he's crying, "Oh, just fucking stop," doesn't work.  Trust me, I tried it already.
  • Putting your face in his face and yelling, "Hi!" like a maniac is scary.
  • Constantly 'playing' with him by pulling him away from things he's trying to reach is only funny for you. (And maybe me.)
  • Your references to him as "Floor Pisser" and "Jerk Boy" are not terms of endearment.
  • Sometimes when he's crying he's hungry, or thirsty, or his teeth hurt, or his diaper is full.  It's not because "he's being an asshole again".  I mean, I might be wrong sometimes, but I think I'm mostly on target with that.
This would explain the boy's reaction to Dada.  Now to work on why the cats don't like him...

No comments: