Friday, October 2, 2009

Not My Child-Resistant




We found out the hard way today that HarrietHoudini knows how to open child-resistant bottle caps.  I should have known because, the other day, I found her on the kitchen floor with an open bottle of Flintstones vitamins.  I just assumed that we left the top loose when we last gave her one.

No.  No, she opened it.  I got a frantic call around lunch time from Grandma (babysitter).  The kiddo had sneaked off into the bathroom and gotten into the Tylenol Cold.  She didn't think she'd done more than taken a small sip, but we had no idea how much was in the bottle, so we couldn't say for sure.

I asked her to call Poison Control right away; Mr. A. and I sped home.  Poison Control's advice was to look out for jitters, sleepiness or vomiting.  When we got home, she had the usual amount of ants in her pants, nothing unusual.  They said to keep her home, but call back in 2 hours.

Thank goodness, she's fine.  Thank goodness for Poison Control.  They were terrific!

No comments: