Saturday, June 13, 2009

Big Boy Food

My SillySharkyKid has been indicating for a while that he has no interest in being spoonfed. Any and all attempts to put babyfood to his lips is met with spitting, angry noises, a little head tossing and ends with him getting totally annoyed and shoving his spoon away in a huff.

There are only a few foods for bigger babies on the market and they all involve spoon feeding the baby. We already know he's not putting up with that malarky. The puffs they sell are not meal material. So Big Boy food, here we come.

Our first meal was mac 'n cheese with chicken and cooked carrots. He did very well. The noodles were just little O shaped pastas -- think Spaghetti Os. That was nice, because then I didn't have to cut them up for him. I did cut up the chicken because it wasn't very mushy. I gave him this with some potato bread. He gobbled that up in no time.

So long short-lived baby food days. I will not miss you at all.

No comments: