Monday, March 16, 2009

The Outing

Why does it have to be a disaster every time we leave the house? Maybe it's becuse I'm a horrible procrastinator. Could also be my active rebellion against all structure on the weekend. At any rate, yesterday did not go as expected.

Two hours before we needed to leave, I have to force Mr. LazyDad out of bed. We start listing all the things that need to be done before we can take off. Showers, fix stroller, pack bag, buy ice and drinks, hit ATM.

We also talked about waking Little Missy MorningHarpy up at around 8:00. Two reasons: 1) She is not a morning person which makes her a crybaby diva for the first hour she's awake. 2) She gets car sick unless her stomach is settled before we leave. I've found in the past that an hour is plenty of time for that.

So we're 1/2 way though the showers portion of our plan when I come downstairs at 8:30 expecting to see my GruffGirl and nope. Someone didn't wake her up. Now I'm sort of in a bind. We can't not feed her. The kid needs breakfast. We'll have to chance it.

I was also expecting the stroller to be fixed in about 5 minutes. That did not happen. Apparently it takes Mr. FixitDad 45 freakin' minutes to put wheels on a stroller. I was really counting on him to be done with the wheels, the bag and the Banshee by the time I got done with my shower.

I'm rushed now to toss together a bag, wake the beast and feed her some kind of breakfast, then finish getting ready myself. In 1/2 an hour. Right.

We only left 2 minutes late thanks to my skills at being WonderWoman. The car ride was long, but pleasant. The kids played and slept. It was like a dream until....

BBBLLLEEECCCHHH!

That would be CarSickCathy. Who woulda guessed it. We were only 5 minutes away from stopping. This couldn't have waited? Ugh. So I'm fishing around the bag for something to clean her up with. She just keeps puking. Ew.

We finally get stopped and I thought, "Well I'll just put her in the spare outfit I brought." Except there isn't a spare. I forgot to pack extra clothes. Well, even WonderWoman gets caught by the villain sometimes. Whatever. I just doused her with water and scrubbed everywhere I saw barf. That would have to do.

Of course, we invited along Mr. Awesomeness's mom and grandma. As soon as Grandma SuperCritic sees the puke stained baby, she feels she needs to pipe up. She turns to Mom-Of-Mr. A and says, "What did I tell ya. I knew she shouldn't have eaten breakfast." Die you old hag. Really, did you think your Monday Morning Quarterbacking was doing anyone any good? Shut the hell up. You know, she might just make my other blog for that one.

Right away PukyPatty start hollering that she's bored. Luckily, the place we were at had a petting zoo. That really saved our ass. Until she was done petting the animals anyway. We spent the rest of our day catering to her. It was a total nightmare. No one else got to do anything they wanted. We left early. What a bummer. We don't have a chance to get out much, so I was hoping we'd get more out of this trip.

Next time, stroller wheels and bag gets done the night before.

No comments: